Girlfriend, I am now the queen of couch potato-ing. I deserve a potato crown. On a serious note, I had surgery last Thursday so I may have an excuse but I am loosing my mind since I am not able to move around a lot. Currently, I am watching a creepy documentary on the world’s largest snake. Apparently, it was like FOURTY EIGHT FEET LONG. This really scares me. But what scares me most is that I am actually watching it. Since I have lots of time on my hands, I thought I would have a little fun with this post. It’s a list of things that you may not know about me! If you know me because of this blog then you probably know nothing about me so this will be fun for the both of us! I am thankful for the life God has given me. I am also thankful for how God has created me. I am the only me that will ever be! And the same goes for you! Embrace the little quirks that make you, well, you! God says you are wonderfully made, believe it!
1. When I was in elementary, I wanted to be a boxer. Yes, like Muhammad Ali. All 50 pounds of me. Talk about a light-weight.
2. I was a blonde for over six years. I went back to my natural color after the day I looked at myself in the mirror and had no idea who I was. Not in an early-alzheimers way but in a “trying to find my identity in my appearance kind of way”. My identity is now in Christ and forevermore, I know I don’t have to look like stinkin’ Barbie. Oh, the freedom.
3. I absolutely love cold cheese. I could probably eat it for every meal of the day.
4. I used to read James Patterson novels about murder mystery. Now, I can’t even watch one second of a scary movie.
5. My husband and I have a newfound love for Lord of the Rings & Harry Potter. We used to be cool kids.
6. I pretty much hate all sports but I love to run.
7. I was born with one kidney.
8. I’m 5’0″ & I won’t be growing any taller! My husband is 6’4″. Once we have kids, my three year old will be towering over me. God, help me!
9. Since I only have one kidney, I’m not “supposed” to drink a lot of caffeine but Starbucks has a hold on me. I could own stock there. Soy Chai latte or a Carmel Frappuccino… you have my heart. ❤
10. My life dream has been to be a missionary in another country and help in an orphanage. I never thought a husband like Joe even existed! Who knew that God had the perfect mate for me in mind who has the same dream! We are always praying for God to guide us & show us how we can make this dream come true!
11. Last but certainly first in my life, Jesus is my all. He is more than just a religion. Going to church on the weekend will not get you or me to heaven. Being “good” will not get you into heaven. My God is not a God of do’s & don’ts. He is a God of Salvation & Grace. The more I get to know Him, the more He changes my heart, desires, & mind. Every day, I am learning more and more about my God. He is patient, kind, gentle, mighty, and above all, loving. I have sinned over and over, but over and over and over and over, He loves me still. No matter what I do or do not do, I have accepted Jesus Christ’s sacrifice which means I have eternal life with Him. I have a desire in my heart for you to know Jesus like I do. God is Creator but when sin entered the world, the bridge between God and humanity was destroyed because God is so holy that He cannot be in the presence of sin. But because of God’s great love for us STILL IN OUR SIN, He came to earth as man, Jesus. Jesus became like us to save us. He is able to save us because He is God. Jesus + God the Father + Holy Spirit = three all in one! He died on a cross of torture to become our sin. When He died, He took all that sin with Him. But He came back to life. He beat death and sin. When you accept that gift of eternal life from Jesus, He takes your sin. You become forgiven. Free! True life enters you. The Holy Spirit (God’s spirit) enters us! But it doesn’t stop there! After God shakes up your world, you begin to desire to know Him more. He changes you and gives you FULL life on earth, life of purpose and joy, before entering into His presence of eternal life when we pass on. If you have any questions, feel free to pick up a Holy Bible, ask God to help you, you can even ask me! He is waiting for you, Beloved. You are LOVED!
Hopefully now you know a little bit more about me and more importantly, Jesus! 🙂